perl-dev mailing list archives

From "Christopher H. Laco" <modp...@chrislaco.com>
Subject Re: Building MP2 on Win32
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2004 15:24:46 GMT
Christopher H. Laco wrote:
> Randy Kobes
> Sat, 04 Dec 2004 20:09:18 -0800
>
> On Fri, 3 Dec 2004, Christopher H. Laco wrote:
>
>  > Christopher H. Laco wrote:
>  > >> I'll take a look at this, as I suppose it should
>  > >> have inferred that C:\Development\Apache2 was the top-level
>  > >> Apache2 directory, but in the meantime, does
>  > >>    perl Makefile.PL MP_AP_PREFIX=C:\Development\Apache2
>  > >> work?
>  > >>
>  > >
>  > > That did the trick. Thanks.
>  > > -=Chris
>  > OF course now Apache2 is crashing just before 1/api/show. Time to
>  > disable threading somewhere I guess.
>
> Are you still having problems with this test? With the
> current mod_perl-2.0 svn sources, perl-5.8.4 (ActivePerl
> 810), and Apache/2.0.52, all the api tests pass for me.

I'm not sure. I just got back in town. My last build attempt was early
Saturday morning with a fresh SVN. It's not really the test that fails,
it more that Apache2 crashes and burns somewhere in mod_perl.so during
the first tests before t/api/show.t.   I think the tests would pass if
Apache would just stay up and running.

I did have a thought about this this morning though. I'm running 2
different versions of perl on my lappy; a loaded 5.6.1, and a stock
5.8.4. Both are ActiveState installations without any of the environment
variables or paths set during the install.

I have a batch file for each version that I run that set the PATH and
PERLIB, PERL5LIB paths so I can flip back and forth during testing and
development.

Maybe something about the modperl test suite setup doesn't like that
setup. I'm going to reinstall 5.8.4 this evening letting it setup the
path and lib variables and see if Apache2 still crashes within mod_perl.so.

-=Chris