perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r109900 - /perl/modperl/trunk/Changes /perl/modperl/trunk/src/modules/perl/mod_perl.c /perl/modperl/trunk/src/modules/perl/mod_perl.h /perl/modperl/trunk/xs/Apache/ServerUtil/Apache__ServerUtil.h
Date Sun, 05 Dec 2004 19:03:08 GMT
stas@apache.org wrote:
> Author: stas
> Date: Sun Dec  5 10:55:24 2004
> New Revision: 109900

> Log:
> create a new subpool modperl_server_user_pool (from
> modperl_server_pool), which is handed to users via
> Apache::ServerUtil::base_server_pool(). This ensures that
> user-registered cleanups are run *before* perl's internals cleanups
> are run. (previously there was a problem with non-threaded perls which
> were segfaulting on user cleanups, since perl was already gone by that
> time).

Geoff, this is why you couldn't reproduce the segfault you had earlier.
You were now testing with ithreads-enabled perl, which has a different
shutdown path in mod_perl, compared to its "disabled" brother, with which
I guess you were testing back when you wrote your original patch. So the
cleanup handler I've added was blowing up with non-ithreads perl. Now it
should be OK.