perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: [mp2] t\apache\content_length_header access violation
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2004 17:03:07 GMT
Markus Wichitill wrote:
> Stas Bekman wrote:
>
>> But I can't see any relation. If you use the current svn and just add
>>  PerlInterpScope handler
>> in the <Location> block for this handler (after httpd.conf was
>> created), does it make the problem go away?
>

> It seems to only defer the problem. On Windows, the crash happens on the
> next test t\apache\discard_rbody instead, on Linux the test suite runs
> until t/filter/both_str_req_proxy or t/modules/proxy, where it hangs.
> After Ctrl-C I see a coredump with the same stack as before.
>
>> I don't understand why I don't that problem. do you get it as a
>> standalone or just in 'make test'. I'd guess the latter, since you
>> also get errors like:
>

> Yes, standalone works fine.

Good, so the problem is elsewhere.

>> [Thu Dec 02 19:48:47 2004] [error] [client 127.0.0.1]
>> Apache::RequestIO::read: (9) Bad file descriptor at
>> /usr/src/modperl-2.0/t
>> /response/TestApache/read.pm line 26
>>
>> so it's most likely something else goes wrong when it hits this test.
>> If that's the case could you t/SMOKE to find the problematic sequence?
>

> Since it's only the fifth test that fails, manual smoking yields
> t/apache/add_config t/apache/content_length_header as a sequence where
> #7 und #9 in t/apache/content_length_header fail (with the usual coredump).

Not sure what do you mean by #7 and #9 (do you mean the sub-test
numbers/), what's the shortest sequence that reproduces the problem (on
linux please so I will try to reproduce it as well).

> When I remove both PerlInterpScope directives, both Windows and Linux
> run ok until they hang at t\filter\both_str_req_proxy (with no access
> violation or coredump, so it might be unrelated).

I thought you were talking about:

   PerlInterpScope handler

only and not other PerlInterpScope directives. Is that not true?