perl-dev mailing list archives

From Markus Wichitill <ma...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [mp2] t\apache\content_length_header access violation
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2004 16:52:06 GMT
Stas Bekman wrote:
> But I can't see any relation. If you use the current svn and just add
>  PerlInterpScope handler
> in the <Location> block for this handler (after httpd.conf was created),
> does it make the problem go away?

It seems to only defer the problem. On Windows, the crash happens on the
next test t\apache\discard_rbody instead, on Linux the test suite runs until
t/filter/both_str_req_proxy or t/modules/proxy, where it hangs. After Ctrl-C
I see a coredump with the same stack as before.

> I don't understand why I don't that problem. do you get it as a
> standalone or just in 'make test'. I'd guess the latter, since you also
> get errors like:

Yes, standalone works fine.

> [Thu Dec 02 19:48:47 2004] [error] [client 127.0.0.1]
> Apache::RequestIO::read: (9) Bad file descriptor at /usr/src/modperl-2.0/t
> /response/TestApache/read.pm line 26
>
> so it's most likely something else goes wrong when it hits this test. If
> that's the case could you t/SMOKE to find the problematic sequence?

Since it's only the fifth test that fails, manual smoking yields
t/apache/add_config t/apache/content_length_header as a sequence where #7
und #9 in t/apache/content_length_header fail (with the usual coredump).

When I remove both PerlInterpScope directives, both Windows and Linux run ok
until they hang at t\filter\both_str_req_proxy (with no access violation or
coredump, so it might be unrelated).