perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: [mp2] t\apache\content_length_header access violation
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2004 14:58:16 GMT
Markus Wichitill wrote:
> Stas Bekman wrote:

>>> I could've sworn that on Linux the tests ran through, but I now get
>>> the same crash there, but at least the tests properly fail:
>>

>> I don't seem to reproduce this problem with a very similar setup, [...]
>> Could you please trace when this problem started to appear?
>

> Rev 106913 makes the difference. Luckily, that was my first guess.
>
> "correct the config, A-T was placing
> <IfDefine PERL_USEITHREADS>
>   PerlInterpScope handler
> </IfDefine>
> on the top level which was affecting other tests"

But I can't see any relation. If you use the current svn and just add
  PerlInterpScope handler
in the <Location> block for this handler (after httpd.conf was created),
does it make the problem go away?

I don't understand why I don't that problem. do you get it as a standalone
or just in 'make test'. I'd guess the latter, since you also get errors like:

[Thu Dec 02 19:48:47 2004] [error] [client 127.0.0.1]
Apache::RequestIO::read: (9) Bad file descriptor at /usr/src/modperl-2.0/t
/response/TestApache/read.pm line 26

so it's most likely something else goes wrong when it hits this test. If
that's the case could you t/SMOKE to find the problematic sequence?

>>>   @INC:
>>>     /usr/local/perl/lib
>>>     /usr/local/perl/lib
>>>     /usr/local/perl/lib
>>>     /usr/local/perl/lib
>>

>> That's a peculiar @INC :)
>

> Apparently Perl's Configure can't fold the paths if they're the same.
> Hasn't caused any problems so far, though. But then I usually eliminate
> the duplicates in startup.pl.

You probably want to report that to p5p, this is definitely not correct.