perl-dev mailing list archives

From Markus Wichitill <ma...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [mp2] t\apache\content_length_header access violation
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2004 12:47:00 GMT
Stas Bekman wrote:
>> Markus Wichitill wrote:
>>> When I run the full test suite of mod_perl 1.99_18-SVN on WinXP,
>>> while t\apache\content_length_header.t is executing, Windows pops up
>>> one of its access violation dialogs that lets me start the debugger.
>>> All tests incl. content_length_header continue to run ok in the
>>> background though, and only start failing when I click OK to dismiss
>>> the dialog, or stop when I click Cancel to open the debugger.
>>
>> I could've sworn that on Linux the tests ran through, but I now get
>> the same crash there, but at least the tests properly fail:
>
> I don't seem to reproduce this problem with a very similar setup,
> [...]
> Could you please trace when this problem started to appear?

Rev 106913 makes the difference. Luckily, that was my first guess.

"correct the config, A-T was placing
<IfDefine PERL_USEITHREADS>
   PerlInterpScope handler
</IfDefine>
on the top level which was affecting other tests"

>>   @INC:
>>     /usr/local/perl/lib
>>     /usr/local/perl/lib
>>     /usr/local/perl/lib
>>     /usr/local/perl/lib
>
> That's a peculiar @INC :)

Apparently Perl's Configure can't fold the paths if they're the same. Hasn't
caused any problems so far, though. But then I usually eliminate the
duplicates in startup.pl.

I've never liked how with Perl and Unix in general the paths are overly
complicated by default, just because someone out there might possibly want
to mix different versions and architectures and whatnot. Just think of how
many problems on the mailing lists are caused by different library/module
versions in parallel paths.