perl-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Hay <steve....@uk.radan.com>
Subject Re: plans for mp2.0.0 release schedule
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2004 17:48:19 GMT
Stas Bekman wrote:

>Cool. So may be the problem is not that bad. The example posted by Steve:
>
>use DBI;
>use threads;
>my $dsn = 'dbi:mysql:test';
>my $usr = 'root';
>my $pwd = undef;
>my $t = threads->new(\&dbsub);
>$t->join();
>sub dbsub {
>   my $dbh = DBI->connect($dsn, $usr, $pwd);
>   $dbh->disconnect();
>}
>
>is not a typical case, since it mixes ithreads with perl ithreads, which
>is far from being perfect (on unix too). so it's quite possible that this
>problem has nothing to do with DBI, but something that needs to be fixed
>in the modperl core (we know that perl contexts is a known issue, mainly
>caused by perl itself, which relies too much on the global context)
>
>Steve, why do you need to run this threads code?

Maybe I don't!

The last time that I tried running mp2 + DBI I had no luck.  My attempts
to reduce the problem as much as possible resulted in the above.

I know there have been several fixes to mp2 relating to "free to wrong
pool" errors, so maybe I just need to try mp2 + DBI again properly and
see if the problems that I saw before have gone away now.

- Steve

Radan Computational Ltd.

and intended for the addressee(s) only.  If you have received this message in error or there
are any problems, please notify the sender immediately.  The unauthorized use, disclosure,
copying or alteration of this message is strictly forbidden.  Note that any views or opinions
of Radan Computational Ltd.  The recipient(s) of this message should check it and any attached
virus transmitted by this email.