perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject plans for mp2.0.0 release schedule
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2004 03:31:41 GMT
There are a few issues left, which are hopefully will be resolved shortly.
I'd like to hear your opinion on RC1...N...release schedule.

I see it as follows:

Get RC1 out in a few days (even while we still have a few issues left, but
those are all new features (mostly not affecting the API), which users
will doubtly touch at the moment - e.g. pools scope issues, APR::PerlIO)

Releasing RC1 will give a green light for users to start porting their
apps to mp2, and I'm sure we will have plenty of things to fix for the
following few weeks after RC1 release.

In the meantime we finish the remaining todo/release issues, polish the
issues reported by users, work on the docs and release new RC-X often
(let's say once a week).

In 2-4 weeks if things look good we get 2.0.0 out, if not we continue the
RC-X series until it's good. Most likely we will miss the X-Mas, but it's
not important, since nobody will work on X-Mas anyway.

Your thoughts?