perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: Apache::SizeLimit name change?
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2004 22:34:05 GMT
Perrin Harkins wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-12-01 at 17:25 -0500, Stas Bekman wrote:
>
>>may be Apache::Monitor::Size (as Limit sort of conflicts with Monitor in
>>action-wise). On the other hand it's more than a monitor, since it takes
>>actions since monitors normally don't (e.g. Apache::VMonitor). if you
>>agree with that logic may be Apache::Limit::Size?
>

> I was looking for some sort of place for cleanup handlers, but didn't
> see one on the list.  Apache::Cleanup::SizeLimit?  I'm not sure that's
> clearer than it is now.

I think it's more important to make it clear what the module does, rather
how it does. Cleanup is really not giving any useful information to those
browsing a list of available modules. So your original idea is better than
this one, IMHO.

But of course you could just keep it Apache::SizeLimit and save people the
trouble changing their habits.

New modules could have longer "categorized" names...