perl-dev mailing list archives

From David Wheeler <da...@kineticode.com>
Subject ModPerl::MB
Date Wed, 29 Dec 2004 17:43:46 GMT
Hi All,

So I've been talking to the mod_perl developers about providing
installation tools built on top of Module::Build. Specifically, they
have a module, ModPerl::MM, that can be used by CPAN modules built on
top of mod_perl to build themselves. From what I understand, the whole
point of that module is to detect when both mod_perl1 and mod_perl2 are
installed, and, when they are, to add "Apache" to the install path
before installing mod_perl2-specific modules. The documentation is
here:

   http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/api/ModPerl/MM.html

Anyway, in talking to Stas and Geoff about providing the same
functionality for modules that want to use Module::Build, the question
came up as to how they should go about it. I think what makes the most
sense is for a ModPerl::MB module to subclass Module::Build and
override the appropriate method to append "Apache" to the install path
when necessary. So the question is, what method and/or property should
be overridden?

Thanks,

David