perl-dev mailing list archives

From David Wheeler <da...@kineticode.com>
Subject Re: [Module::Build] Re: ModPerl::MB
Date Thu, 30 Dec 2004 04:20:31 GMT
On Dec 29, 2004, at 6:49 PM, Geoffrey Young wrote:

> for a bit of history here, what happens with mp2 is that if it sees a
> mp1
> installation it installs everything under site_lib/Apache2/ (like
> Apache::Filter becomes Apache2/Apache/Filter.pm) as to not collide with
> existing modules in the mp1 namespace.  along with this is Apache2.pm,
> which
> adjusts @INC so that Apache::Filter resolves to
> Apache2/Apache/Filter.pm -
> mp2 installs are expected to 'PerlModule Apache2' or somesuch if they
> want
> their mp2 modules found.

And just to be clear, IIUC, this means that if you don't have mod_perl1
installed, then Apache2 should *not* be appended to the pm_libs install
path, and using Apache2 in one's modules will have no affect.

On Dec 29, 2004, at 7:08 PM, Stas Bekman wrote:

> So there is no method to override that feeds the path like MM does?
> The above requires manual search for the files, which is not something
> we would like to do, on behalf of users, since it might go broken
> (it's not under our control). It should be something like MM does,
> where M::B already has the mapping and the override just manipulates
> it.

I think, looking at the code, that all you need to do is override the
find_pm_files method like this:

   sub find_pm_files {
       my $files = shift->SUPER::find_pm_files;
       for my $file (keys %$files) {
           $files{$file} = File::Spec->catfile('Apache2', $file);
       }
       return $files;
   }

But Ken can say for sure, I expect.