perl-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>
Subject Re: [mp2] make test problems when configuring against source
Date Tue, 30 Nov 2004 22:59:23 GMT
On Tue, 30 Nov 2004, Stas Bekman wrote:

> Philippe M. Chiasson wrote:
> [...]
> >

> > I think so too. I've managed to hack it up for the
> > static build, with this snipped of code:
> >
> >     my $httpd = File::Spec->catfile($build->{MP_AP_PREFIX}, 'httpd');
> >     $build->{'httpd'} = $httpd;
> >     push @Apache::TestMM::Argv, ('httpd' => $httpd);
> >
> > But it's only being applied to static builds, guess we could push it up
> > and apply it whenever MP_AP_PREFIX is a source dir.
>
> How can we possibly do that w/o knowing whether httpd was built at that
> location at all and whether it's the right one? I think we should abolish
> any builds with MP_AP_PREFIX, but for the static build.
>
> Wasn't it win32 where this was required? Randy, do we need the
> build-against-httpd-source functionality on win32?

At present Win32 does use MP_AP_PREFIX for the location of
the installed Apache2, and things such as the includes and
lib directories are determined from it (and rely on the
standard installation layout under MP_AP_PREFIX). It would
take more work to get it to work with a Win32 source
directory, but that's probably not worth it, as few users
would use it, and plus, the Win32 sources have their own
layout of where things lie (for mp1, it got to be quite
intricate allowing both an installed and source apache
tree).

Is the thinking though to drop MP_AP_PREFIX? Win32 could use
the location of (an installed) apxs instead, if available,
but at present we don't assume apxs is present. Or one could
use the location of the installed Apache.exe - that would
probably be better.

--
best regards,
randy