perl-dev mailing list archives

From Vivek Khera <kh...@kcilink.com>
Subject Re: [NOTICE] Subversion conversion
Date Mon, 15 Nov 2004 16:03:19 GMT

On Nov 14, 2004, at 7:52 PM, Philippe M. Chiasson wrote:

>> Don't forget about preserving the frozen cvs though. I have lots of
>> modified files all over.
>
> Yah, the CVS repository will remain for a long time read-only. (don't
> exactly know what *long* means)

When the spamassassin group made the switch, they added a file to the
CVS at the top level, telling everyone still checking it out that it
was obsolete and to use svn instead.  I hope that happens with
mod_perl's tree, too.  I think a file named THIS_CODE_IS_OBSOLETE.txt
would be pretty clear. :-)

Vivek Khera, Ph.D.
+1-301-869-4449 x806