perl-dev mailing list archives

From David Wheeler <da...@kineticode.com>
Subject Re: another svn problem (diff across svn:external
Date Wed, 24 Nov 2004 02:45:00 GMT
On Nov 23, 2004, at 4:55 PM, Geoffrey Young wrote:

> david and I started a one-way conversation with infrastructure@ about
> making
> commit emails better which went nowhere.  if we can control our own
> mailer
> and messages I think I'd like to prove to everyone that we can come up
> with
> something better using a SVN::Notify subclass than they can modifying
> some
> global python script.  but, alas, I don't have the tuits to do it on
> my own atm.

What's required for this, Geoff? It would take me no time to whip up a
subclass. All that needs doing to set it up is for someone to add the
appropriate command to post-commits. I can send the command spec, and
discuss issues of getting it to be triggered only for mod_perl projects
(which it can do using regular expressions). But svn users don't
generally get access to post-commits the way we used to get access to
CVSROOT...

Regards,

David