perl-dev mailing list archives

From David Wheeler <da...@kineticode.com>
Subject Re: [Discuss] The various possible SVN layouts
Date Mon, 22 Nov 2004 05:23:15 GMT
On Nov 21, 2004, at 8:30 PM, Geoffrey Young wrote:

> it may not be intuitive to you (or me, for that matter) but I'm not so
> sure
> that is important - for many of us here svn is new, while for most of
> the
> folks on httpd it is not, which puts them in a position to have a
> better
> appreciation for the full picture than we do.  and they're pretty smart
> folks too, so I'm leaning toward simply trusting their judgement here
> and
> following their example.

Actually, I think that if the httpd folks had heard Stas' argument that
modperl1, modperl1 and modperl-docs are three unrelated projects, they
would separate them as Stas suggest (when he preferred Gozer's second
suggested organization). Having used Subversion myself now for about 6
months, I'm inclined to agree with Stas.

Regards,

David