perl-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: [mp2] pools that go out of scope aren't a problem anymore?
Date Fri, 26 Nov 2004 00:31:34 GMT
Stas Bekman <stas@stason.org> writes:

> In any case I'm pretty sure that you've already thought about a
> great solution and you have an almost working patch. Don't say that
> you don't have one :)

The solution IMO, is to do what Apache::Request::Table::new does:
keep a reference to the APR::Pool argument in the new APR::Table
object's magic list.  That ensures the pool will last as long as
the table SV does.

I'm pretty sure I proposed this idea before, but it met with
some resistance.  IIRC folks here considered this a bug in
APR::Pool, but I say the problem here is in APR::Table.  I'd
like to see us settle on a course of action first.

--
Joe Schaefer