perl-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: mp2 build error on Win32
Date Wed, 03 Nov 2004 16:37:38 GMT
Steve Hay <steve.hay@uk.radan.com> writes:

> Current CVS mp2 doesn't build any more on Win32 :(

[...]

> mp2-1.99_17 works fine, and I'm damned if I can see what the cause of
> the error is.  The next few lines of output from the 1.99_17 build are:

You need to look for "?=" appearing in a few of the Makefiles (not the
top-level one).  IIRC it's coming from a TEST_VERBOSE assignment, so it
might be Test::Harness that's borked?  Anyways, replacing them with "="
seemed to let the Win32 build go through, but some of the tests failed
for me.

Sorry I don't have a Win32 box in front of me to double-check,
so I'm only speaking from (week-old) memory.  Also I was testing
against httpd/apr HEAD, so I was expecting lots of problems
(esp wrt apxs, apr-1-config and apu-1-config), but there were
actually only a few minor glitches with that.

--
Joe Schaefer