perl-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: svn question
Date Sat, 20 Nov 2004 21:57:49 GMT
David Wheeler <david@kineticode.com> writes:

[...]

> I just use
>
>    grep -r foo | grep -v .svn
>
> I should create a shell alias for that, come to think of it...

I like psvn.el for managing svn projects with emacs, and I
also use compilation buffers to post-process Apache::Test and
Test::More output (such buffers allow you jump right to the
source of a failed test, but they work for grep output also).

Since "svn status" makes it super easy to ignore all the
files that svn ignores, if you don't mind recursing,

   svn status -v | perl -nawle '-f and print for $F[-1]'

generates a pretty useful list of greppable files. I use
an svn-status-mode keybinding for grepping over that
list and sending the output to a compilation buffer.

--
Joe Schaefer