perl-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject emacs hints for psvn.el (was Re: svn question)
Date Mon, 22 Nov 2004 18:28:55 GMT
Joe Schaefer <joe+gmane@sunstarsys.com> writes:

> I like psvn.el for managing svn projects with emacs, and I
> also use compilation buffers to post-process Apache::Test and
> Test::More output (such buffers allow you jump right to the
> source of a failed test, but they work for grep output also).

I just put the relevant portions of my .emacs file here

  http://cvs.apache.org/~joes/.emacs

It's really just a few minor variations on "M-x compile"
that are oriented toward Apache::Test and psvn.el.
It basically adds these keybindings to *svn-status*
mode:

;; Related svn-status keybindings:
;;
;; C: configure
;; M: make
;; B: build (same as make)
;; T: test
;; I: install
;; G: grep

But the most useful aspect to me is that any failed
tests from Apache::Test are tracked down automatically
(just use C-c C-c on the offending line).  The only
thing I'm still pining for is a compilation buffer
macro+regexp that will turn Apache::Test's "oh drat,
server dumped core..." lines into a gud session.

--
Joe Schaefer