perl-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: Apache2 and Apache::Test
Date Tue, 23 Nov 2004 15:47:36 GMT
Stas Bekman <stas@stason.org> writes:

> Joe Schaefer wrote:
>> Stas Bekman <stas@stason.org> writes:
>>
>>>So A-T installs into INSTALLSITEARCH because that's where mp2 normally
>>>installed things to. So why did it now install things outside of arch?
>> It looks like the top-level httpd-test/perl-framework/Makefile
>> wasn't picking up your redefinitions; they were winding up in
>> httpd-test/perl-framework/Apache-Test/Makefile.
>
> really, you aren't supposed to run make install from
> perl-framework. It just happened to live there. But you ought to
> install it from Apache-Test/ or modperl-2.0/.

Well I don't see any harm in fixing it, for the sake of consistency.
New and future developers could do without this quirk.  I'm actually
a bit surprised that Apache::Test doesn't ship the full httpd test
suite in its distribution (just stating my surprise here, not asking
that it be included).

--
Joe Schaefer