perl-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: [Discuss] The various possible SVN layouts
Date Mon, 22 Nov 2004 01:42:21 GMT
"Philippe M. Chiasson" <gozer@ectoplasm.org> writes:

> Currently, it stands like :
>
> modperl-current (aka 2.0)
> Codebase:     [svn]/perl/modperl/trunk
> Release tags: [svn]/perl/modperl/tags
> Branches:      [svn]/perl/modperl/branches
>
> Docs:
> Codebase:     [svn]/perl/modperl/docs/trunk
> Release tags: [svn]/perl/modperl/docs/tags
> Branches:      [svn]/perl/modperl/docs/branches
>
> modperl-1.0 (proposed)
> Codebase:     [svn]/perl/modperl/branches/1.x
> Release tags: [svn]/perl/modperl/tags
> Branches:      [svn]/perl/modperl/branches
>
> embperl-2.0 (proposed)
> Codebase:     [svn]/perl/embperl/trunk
> Release tags: [svn]/perl/embperl/tags
> Branches:      [svn]/perl/embperl/branches
>
> embperl-1.0 (proposed)
> Codebase:     [svn]/perl/embperl/branches/1.x
> Release tags: [svn]/perl/embperl/tags
> Branches:      [svn]/perl/embperl/branches

+1:  I like the way httpd laid out its svn repos,
and I think there's value in keeping the project's
organization consistent with httpd.  After all,
we're just talking about differences in appearance
here, not anything functional.

Not knowing how svn authorization is set up on the
server, I actually wonder if we might wind up creating
holes in svn's authorization scheme if uris get moved
around willy-nilly.  Looks like it's time to read
the svnbook again ;-)

--
Joe Schaefer