perl-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: [mp2] pools that go out of scope aren't a problem anymore?
Date Sat, 27 Nov 2004 18:33:46 GMT
Stas Bekman <stas@stason.org> writes:

> Joe Schaefer wrote:
>> Perhaps this effort would be a good candidate for
>> a short-lived "pool-scope-2.x-unstable" branch.

[...]

> You suggest the branch because we aren't sure that's the way we will
> do it? Or is it because instead of sending patches one can freely
> commit things and get others the changes right away?

Yes-  I hate seeing good efforts stall out while waiting
for consensus to form.

> Otherwise what's wrong with gradual changes, starting with APR::Table
> and moving to other classes and refactoring on the way...

Nothing, if there's ready consensus that your
APR::Table patch is the right approach. Of course
you have my +1 to commit it to trunk and whittle away
at your heart's content.

> In any case I hope that others will comment on the problem in
> hand and give their insights on the proposed solutions...

Right, but in the event that doesn't happen before
you've lost your zeal, I suggest making a branch
before simply giving up on it.

--
Joe Schaefer