perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: per-server cleanups core dump? geoff?
Date Tue, 30 Nov 2004 16:07:17 GMT
Geoffrey Young wrote:
[...]
>>So may be your orig patch from:
>>http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.mod-perl.devel/730
>>is the way to go,
>

> well, if you mean the patch that started the thread, I seem to say there
> that the patch keeps things from segfaulting, but that the callback isn't
> actually run.  in other words, the patch didn't really work, but was
> probably meant to be a starting point to something better.

Understood.

So your goal is to be able to register some callback to run when the
server restarts and not on every child_exit call.

In case we don't find a good solution would it be a sufficient workaround
to run a normal child_exit, but the code will skip all runs but the ones
whose $$ is of the parent process? (not sure if the parent process
actually runs child_exit, I think it doesn't).

>>Let me know if you want me to handle that, so we don't put it on the
>>high shelf again.
>

> TM has me fully occupied, a situation which isn't likely to change anytime
> soon, so my ability to spend the days it would take to track this down are
> non-existent.
>
> *sigh*

Sorry to hear that :(

I'll handle that, I just want to understand what exactly I need to solve
and get your feedback on it while I move on with it.