perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: [mp2] pools that go out of scope aren't a problem anymore?
Date Sat, 27 Nov 2004 18:20:08 GMT
Joe Schaefer wrote:
> Stas Bekman <stas@stason.org> writes:
>

>>We need to figure out how to automate this.
>

> Perhaps this effort would be a good candidate for
> a short-lived "pool-scope-2.x-unstable" branch.
> Since we may need a widespread fix, a few of us
> can work together on that branch and quickly merge
> it back to trunk (once everything is sorted out).

You suggest the branch because we aren't sure that's the way we will do
it? Or is it because instead of sending patches one can freely commit
things and get others the changes right away?

Otherwise what's wrong with gradual changes, starting with APR::Table and
moving to other classes and refactoring on the way...

In any case I hope that others will comment on the problem in hand and
give their insights on the proposed solutions...