perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject t/perl/ithreads.t revisited
Date Thu, 25 Nov 2004 19:25:12 GMT
Let's try another time to resolve that t/perl/ithreads.t. My problem is
reproducing the failure. I certainly know that it exists, but it's always
random and never on its own. And it's been awhile since I last got it.

What happens on win32? does it always fail? does it fail on its own? if so
could you try to shrink the test to the minimal possible code, while it's
still failing?

Next I want you to try cutting off things from startup files and
httpd.conf, to find whether it's some unrelated module that is loaded that
causes the problem. I suspect that because the sister test
t/perl/ithreads2.t doesn't fail, and it runs exactly the same code, but
inside a dedicated interpreter pool, which doesn't load any other modules.

Thank you!