perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: [mp2] still a problem? on windows $pool->clear, followed by $pool->destroy breaks other tests
Date Thu, 25 Nov 2004 18:23:37 GMT
[re-adding CC: dev]

Steve Hay wrote:
> Stas Bekman wrote:
>

>>Guys, can you still reproduce the problem:
>>
>>* on windows $pool->clean, followed by $pool->destroy breaks other tests
>>  See test TestAPR::pool
>>  http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-modperl-dev&m=108547894817083&w=2
>>  http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=108542190200002&r=1&w=2
>>
>>APR::Pool implementation has changed, so please confirm if this is still a
>> problem.
>>

> How do I get the latest version these days?  Is it still CVS, or is it
> in SVN now?
>
> If it's SVN, then I need some instructions since I've hardly ever used
> it before.  (I do have it installed, though.)  The notes at
>
>     http://perl.apache.org/download/source.html
>
> still speak about CVS.

It's not updated yet. The updated info is here:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/install/install.html#Downloading_the_mod_perl_Source

> Anyway, I've just checked out the current *CVS* version, and it looks
> good...

that should be good enough for this purpose.

>>To save you reading, please apply this patch and run:
>>
>> t/TEST apr/pool compat/send_fd
>> t/TEST apr/pool directive/setupenv
>>
>>which were previously failing...
>>

> They both pass OK now for me.  I'm running perl 5.8.5 and Apache 2.0.50.
>
> In fact, the whole test suite passes all tests with your pool.pm patch
> in place,

Cool. So it looks like the last rewrite of Pool code had fixed many other
problems. Randy, is that the case for you too?

> so long as I have
>
>     t\perl\ithreads
>
> in t/SKIP, otherwise it crashes on that test (which has been the case
> for ages now).

Yeah, I know :(