perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject [mp2] pools that go out of scope aren't a problem anymore?
Date Thu, 25 Nov 2004 16:38:45 GMT

Hmm, I can't reproduce this problem anymore:

* pools that go out of scope:

   perl -MApache2 -MAPR::Pool -MAPR::PerlIO -le ';
   open my $fh, "<:APR", "/tmp/xxx", APR::Pool->new; print <$fh>'
   APR::PerlIO::read: (9) Bad file descriptor at -e li

   first of all, try to never allow passing temp pools, e.g in the
   above example, we can check that the pool object doesn't have the
   TEMP flag on.

   but that doesn't really solve the problem. So we aren't sure how to
   deal with that.

tried also:

---------
use blib;
use Apache2;

use APR::Pool ();
use APR::Table ();

$table = APR::Table::make(APR::Pool->new, $nelts);

$table->set(a => 5);

print $table->get('a');
-------

and it works as well.

So does that meant that the latest reincarnation of APR::Pool
implementation has this problem fixed? Or are there any other situations
where this needs to be fixed?