perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject [mp2] extending Apache::RequestRec::filename to optionally set its stat record
Date Wed, 24 Nov 2004 16:33:55 GMT
At the modperl list following the question documented at this entry's Note:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/api/Apache/RequestRec.html#C_filename_

-----------------------------
Note that if you change the filename after the PerlMapToStorageHandler
phase was run and expect Apache to serve it, you need to update its stat
record, like so:

   use Apache::RequestRec ();
   use APR::Finfo ();
   use APR::Const -compile => qw(FINFO_NORM);
   $r->filename($newfile);
   $r->finfo(APR::Finfo::stat($newfile, APR::FINFO_NORM, $r->pool));

if you don't, Apache will still try to use the previously cached
information about the previously set value of the filename.

I've suggested that we could make an option argument to filename() that
will do that work automatically on behalf of users. Some folks seem to
like the idea. What other developers think?