perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: please post a summary of infrastructure changes
Date Tue, 23 Nov 2004 23:19:36 GMT
Philippe M. Chiasson wrote:
[...]
>>> Yeah, or -changes to be backend agnostic. But that would mean even
>>> more infrastructure changes
>>> on the other end, so at this point, I am just trying to keep it simple.
>>

>> -changes is nice, but -cvs or -svn is shorter and maps nicer with -dev
>> :) but either way is fine with me.
>
> How about -diff then ?

There aren't only difs, so -changes make more sense. Assuming that we
don't move to some kps or uqz version system any time soon, -svn will work
too.

May be it's the best to keep things unmodified. Changing the name will
require archive engines to adjust and those are usually slow to followup.
(However this is possible if aliases are kept)