perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: Apache2 and Apache::Test
Date Tue, 23 Nov 2004 13:37:32 GMT
Joe Schaefer wrote:
> Stas Bekman <stas@stason.org> writes:
>

>>So A-T installs into INSTALLSITEARCH because that's where mp2 normally
>>installed things to. So why did it now install things outside of arch?
>

> It looks like the top-level httpd-test/perl-framework/Makefile
> wasn't picking up your redefinitions; they were winding up in
> httpd-test/perl-framework/Apache-Test/Makefile.

really, you aren't supposed to run make install from perl-framework. It
just happened to live there. But you ought to install it from Apache-Test/
or modperl-2.0/.

> Copying your changes to the top-level Makefile.PL seems to work
> for me.  Here's a patch to httpd-test/perl-framework/Makefile.PL
> (be careful about the path when applying it, because subversion
> strips it out :-( ).

doh! how this can be fixed?

and commit patches which include a svn path prefix which is not part of
the project, making it complicated to reply commit logs :(