perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: Apache2 and Apache::Test
Date Tue, 23 Nov 2004 06:12:42 GMT
Joe Schaefer wrote:
> Stas Bekman <stas@stason.org> writes:
>

>>so what perl and MM versions are you talking about (now and before)? It has
>>been installing itself into blib/lib and not (blib/lib/Apache2) for years I
>>believe. I can't find any notes in Changes saying that it was changed.
>

> OK, I see the problem now.  It's not Apache2, it's the architecture
> subdir.  I just reinstalled mp2, I now have two Apache::Test modules again:
>
> % find ~/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5 -name Test.pm
>   ~/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/Apache/Test.pm
>   ~/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/Apache/Test.pm
>
> The first one is where mp2 installs Apache::Test, the latter file
> comes from httpd-test.

Yup, so see again my last relevant change in Apache-Test/Makefile.PL

---
Make sure that Apache-Test modules are installed into INSTALLSITEARCH
during a standalone build. Because EU::MM does so when A-T is bundled
with mp2, and we want to avoid having A-T installed in two different
places under @INC. [Stas]
---

So A-T installs into INSTALLSITEARCH because that's where mp2 normally
installed things to. So why did it now install things outside of arch? I
was really just following the default MM decision (mod_perl doesn't
explicitly ask MM to install itself in arch or outside of it). May be it
should require to be installed into arch?