perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: Apache2 and Apache::Test
Date Tue, 23 Nov 2004 04:41:16 GMT
Geoffrey Young wrote:

> Joe Schaefer wrote:
>
>>I recently noticed that mp2 installs its own
>>Apache::Test under the Apache2 directory.  As
>>a separate CPAN module, Apache::Test gets
>>installed somewhere else.   Since Apache::Test
>>does not depend on mp2, I think it's a bug for
>>mod_perl to install it under Apache2.
>>
>>Does anybody else agree with me?
>

> yes, this should not be.  and it wasn't always like this - Apache::Test*
> always used to go under Apache/ and not Apache2/, as recently as last week,
> in fact.
>
> something recently broke.

In A-T 1.08 I've changed so:

Make sure that Apache-Test modules are installed into INSTALLSITEARCH
during a standalone build. Because EU::MM does so when A-T is bundled
with mp2, and we want to avoid having A-T installed in two different
places under @INC. [Stas]

but I'm not sure why do you see what you explain. mp2/Apache-Test/Makefile
should be:

INST_LIB = ../blib/lib

and not:

INST_LIB = ../blib/lib/Apache2

which one do you see? did you upgrade MakeMaker by chance?