perl-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: [Discuss] The various possible SVN layouts
Date Mon, 22 Nov 2004 15:36:16 GMT

> I suppose that explains very well the reasoning for httpd layout. httpd
> folks believe apache-1.3 is a history, and hiding it in a branch makes
> it easier to make it so.

I don't think they think that at all :)

> Right. At the moment we have 3 projects in perl pmc. And those are
> modperl1, modperl2 and modperl-docs - each needs to be on top and not
> hidden in a sub-branch of some other project.

I think apr is most similar in this respect:

  apr/apr/
  apr/apr-util/

so I guess it makes sense to have
  /perl/modperl
  /perl/modperl-docs

however, both apr and httpd have put solid and currently maintained branches
under /branches/, leaving /trunk for just the cvs HEAD equivalent.  I don't
think it hurts anything to follow this practice, just for the sake of
maintaining some kind of consistency with the rest of the asf projects.

btw, might we want to (finally) adopt mod_perl in place of modperl?

:)

--Geoff