perl-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: [Discuss] The various possible SVN layouts
Date Mon, 22 Nov 2004 04:30:34 GMT

> As stated in the other thread I don't find this layout intuitive. The
> fact that httpd chose to use this layout doesn't necessarily mean that
> we should follow the crowd.

it may not be intuitive to you (or me, for that matter) but I'm not so sure
that is important - for many of us here svn is new, while for most of the
folks on httpd it is not, which puts them in a position to have a better
appreciation for the full picture than we do.  and they're pretty smart
folks too, so I'm leaning toward simply trusting their judgement here and
following their example.

I would suggest letting the dust settle now that the conversion is complete
and simply start accepting the common branching scheme.  if 6 months down
the road it still doesn't feel right we can change it, but for the moment
we're the ones who lack sufficient experience to offer an educated opinion.

--Geoff