perl-dev mailing list archives

From "Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@ectoplasm.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r105918 - perl/modperl/trunk
Date Sat, 20 Nov 2004 16:45:39 GMT
Stas Bekman wrote:

> gozer@apache.org wrote:
>
>> Author: gozer
>> Date: Fri Nov 19 18:45:25 2004
>> New Revision: 105918
>>
>> Modified:
>>    perl/modperl/trunk/   (props changed)
>> Log:
>> Introduce the right svn:externals to get Apache-Test and modperl-docs
>> pulled into a checkout of modperl/trunk
>

> gozer, could you please explain what has been done? like the commands
> you've run?

$> cd modperl
$> svn propedit svn:externals .
[vi pops up]
docs
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/perl/modperl/docs/trunk/src/docs/2.0
Apache-Test
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/test/trunk/perl-framework/Apache-Test

$> svn ci
[which checks-in the proprety change I made on '.']

Check out http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.0/svn-book.html, it's the
ultimate SVN book.
And this particular section on External entities
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.0/svn-book.html#svn-ch-7-sect-3

> I hate svn so far, I have no clue what's happening behind the scenes.

Well, really, svn is quite a lot like cvs, except where cvs was busted.

Subversion for CVS users is quite good for starters:

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.0/svn-book.html#svn-ap-a

It took me a while to get around the way subversion, but now, I swear by
it. /home/gozer is just a big svn checkout
on every machine I have. It just takes a bit of time to absorb the
differences.