perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: svn question
Date Sat, 20 Nov 2004 05:20:28 GMT
Garrett Rooney wrote:
> Stas Bekman wrote:
>
>> I find the fact that svn dumps its file copies into the same tree with
>> the source files pretty annoying, since it's no longer possible to
>> grep files, since you get dups, and do other things. Is there a way to
>> configure svn to store its stuff elsewhere?
>>

> Nope, but you can use something like the wcgrep script to avoid the
> problem.  You can grab it from the svn source tree in
> contrib/client-side or directly from the repos at
>
> http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/contrib/client-side/wcgrep

Thanks Garrett, but this is not what I'm after. I don't want the source to
be polluted with noise. I don't want to have a special grep script for
each new feature someone invents :( Why can't it store the files
elsewhere? x?emacs keep temp files, but you can tell it not to store them
in the same tree as the source.

Not talking about the fact that now the disk requirements are suddenly at
least twice bigger.