perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: please post a summary of infrastructure changes
Date Wed, 17 Nov 2004 22:47:04 GMT
Philippe M. Chiasson wrote:

>> Please post a summary of infrastructure changes.
>

> Yes, I was planning on posting just that as soon as everything is moved
> over and settled down. At this point
> we are still in a flux-like state where even though the code is moved
> over subversion,  there are still a few things
> that needs to be done on the infra side of things. I'll update the list
> as things move forward.

sure, take your time, sorry for rushing that. I would have just prefered
to know what's planned ahead, in case some things might be inappropriate
and better changed early.

>> For example this message was posted to docs-cvs which didn't exist
>> before. It used to be modperl-docs-cvs, so mail filters now fail. One
>> needs to update the mail info docs as well to reflect those changes.
>> It also may affect archives.
>

> Yeah, that's strange, there were a lot of email aliases in there. I'll
> get that fixed asap.

I suppose that all aliases that aren't under @perl.apache.org could be
dropped. It's been awhile since the move was done. But it's probably the
best to layout a plan for the changes first if that makes sense.

>> And if you are already changing the name of the list, why calling it
>> -cvs? call it -svn, no?
>

> Yeah, or -changes to be backend agnostic. But that would mean even more
> infrastructure changes
> on the other end, so at this point, I am just trying to keep it simple.

-changes is nice, but -cvs or -svn is shorter and maps nicer with -dev :)
but either way is fine with me.