perl-dev mailing list archives

From "Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@ectoplasm.org>
Subject Re: please post a summary of infrastructure changes
Date Wed, 17 Nov 2004 22:36:25 GMT
Stas Bekman wrote:

> gozer@apache.org wrote:
>
>> Author: gozer
>> Date: Wed Nov 17 13:46:03 2004
>> New Revision: 76176
>>
>> Modified:
>>    perl/modperl/docs/trunk/bin/site_build
>>    perl/modperl/docs/trunk/src/config.cfg
>> Log:
>> Parts of the move from CVS to subversion. Start generating the
>> site from svn.
>

> Please post a summary of infrastructure changes.

Yes, I was planning on posting just that as soon as everything is moved
over and settled down. At this point
we are still in a flux-like state where even though the code is moved
over subversion,  there are still a few things
that needs to be done on the infra side of things. I'll update the list
as things move forward.

> For example this message was posted to docs-cvs which didn't exist
> before. It used to be modperl-docs-cvs, so mail filters now fail. One
> needs to update the mail info docs as well to reflect those changes.
> It also may affect archives.

Yeah, that's strange, there were a lot of email aliases in there. I'll
get that fixed asap.

> And if you are already changing the name of the list, why calling it
> -cvs? call it -svn, no?

Yeah, or -changes to be backend agnostic. But that would mean even more
infrastructure changes
on the other end, so at this point, I am just trying to keep it simple.