perl-dev mailing list archives

From "Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@ectoplasm.org>
Subject Re: [NOTICE] Subversion conversion
Date Mon, 15 Nov 2004 21:25:08 GMT
Gerald Richter wrote:

>Hi,
>

>>>Also worth noting, we should be pigning Gerald to plan
>>>

>>moving embperl
>>

>>>over to the perl svn repos as well.
>>>

>That would be great. I am using svn all over the place for a long time and
>Embperl is one of the last things where I need to deal with CVS, so I am
>happy to move the Embperl repository to svn.

It would most likely reside in
  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/perl/embperl/
With the standard trunk/ tags/ branches/ under there

>Embperl repository contains two branches (ep1 for Embperl 1 and main branch
>for Embperl 2). It would be good to preserve them. There are some other old
>branches, which could/should be deleted during the conversion.
>
>Also my time is limited this week, I can help with the conversion (also the
>mod_perl part) if desired.

I'll take care of the conversion (well infrastructure will do it) unless
you want it to happen at a later time.
This will mean the CVS repository will be locked in read-only mode from
then on. Okay with that ?

>>in fact the modperl-site repository should not be ported to
>>svn, but instead die. Gerald should move the embperl stuff
>>elsewhere. Gerald, feel free to suggest what you want to do
>>with it. Thanks.
>>

>Since I only use the modperl-site repositotry as transport for the Embperl
>website, I can change to use scp to copy the content over. I just have to
>check that I have the correct access rights.

But you don't want to lose version history of all that stuff, don't you?
If you feel like it, it could
simply be imported under
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/perl/embperl/site for instance.