perl-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: [NOTICE] Subversion conversion
Date Mon, 15 Nov 2004 20:33:18 GMT
> When the spamassassin group made the switch, they added a file to the
> CVS at the top level, telling everyone still checking it out that it was
> obsolete and to use svn instead.  I hope that happens with mod_perl's
> tree, too.  I think a file named THIS_CODE_IS_OBSOLETE.txt would be
> pretty clear. :-)

maybe, maybe not - someone would need to actually ls the directory to find
the file :)

a better solution would be to remove anonymous cvs access entirely (while
keeping committer-level access, of course).  gozer and I should ask about
this, but I suspect that since httpd is also doing this conversion that they
have thought about the issue a bit.

--Geoff