perl-dev mailing list archives

From Radoslaw Zielinski <ra...@karnet.pl>
Subject Re: [apr] dropping Apache2/ subdir for APR::*
Date Tue, 02 Nov 2004 01:41:04 GMT
Stas Bekman <stas@stason.org> [02-07-2004 01:21]:
[...]
> Though let's think about the future now. What happens when APR 2 is
> released (currently we have APR 1, don't confuse with Apache 2.x). How do
> we ensure that several APR generations can co-exist under the same perl
> install?
[...]

Sorry for warming up old threads, but I think it's worth to be noted: if
the two versions are incompatible, the proper solution is a namespace
change; in this case: APR2::* hierarchy.

A pity it hasn't been done with Apache::* modules, the MP_INST_APACHE2 +
"use Apache2" hack is a real pain in the ass for the distributors (like
Linux distributions).

--
Radosław Zieliński <radek@karnet.pl>
[ GPG key: http://radek.karnet.pl/ ]