perl-dev mailing list archives

From David Wheeler <da...@kineticode.com>
Subject Re: another svn problem (diff across svn:external
Date Wed, 24 Nov 2004 17:26:45 GMT
On Nov 23, 2004, at 7:00 PM, Geoffrey Young wrote:

> I really don't know.  but I'll take it up with infrastructure@ or
> #asfinfra
> on monday and find out.

I'm on #asfinfra most days. Holler at "Theory" to get my attention and
I'll join in.

> my thought is that if there is a chance that we can control the mailer
> on a
> per-PMC level that I'd rather it be in our control in perl.  so, let's
> attack that issue first with infrastructure and go from there.  I'll
> follow
> up here on monday with my success or failure.

Okay.

> in preparation, working on the subclass would be great.  based on our
> other
> discussions you have a place to start.  the only thing I would add to
> that
> is that using a filename in the subject as opposed to the first line
> of the
> commit probably makes more sense for a broad project like this, where
> people
> may only care about portions of the codebase.  but we can always tweak
> it if
> I'm wrong.

The current subclass supports adding the lowest directory affected or
the file name affected, if there's only one. It would be simple for me
to add an option to leave out the first line of the message and another
one to strip out part of the directory tree from the directory or file
name as Stas originally suggested.

> thanks for helping out with this.

No problem.

Regards,