perl-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: $bucket->setaside($pool);
Date Tue, 05 Oct 2004 05:57:30 GMT
Stas Bekman <stas@stason.org> writes:

> setaside API needs to be changed as it strays from the rest of the
> API. Since all it can return is errors which are useless to trap it
> shouldn't return anything. It should run MP_RUN_CROAK like other
> methods do. It's still possible to trap those with APR::Error, but who
> will.

You should allow users to check for APR_ENOTIMPL, because
they might be able to handle that case the same way ap_save_brigade does.
So I agree that it should throw an exception in void context, but
would prefer if it didn't do that in scalar/list context.

> Joe, please let me know if you want to do that, or I can handle that.

Please fix it for me Stas- thanks!

--
Joe Schaefer