perl-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: [mp2] missing Apache::Util::escape_html
Date Wed, 06 Oct 2004 00:01:01 GMT

> Of course we could just say: use HTML::Entities to do the work, but I
> believe it's slow(er?), as it's implemented in perl...

I don't think it's our job to create a C implementation.  perl people have
HTML::Entities, which is excellent.  if they want something faster they can
code it themselves, start a new XS-based Entites, or whatever.  at this
stage in the game we need to keep our focus, which is apache and not html
generation.

so, I'm +1 to forget all about an Apache::Util::escape_html in mp2 core.

--Geoff