perl-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>
Subject Re: time for 1.99_15?
Date Fri, 13 Aug 2004 18:20:28 GMT
On Fri, 13 Aug 2004, Steve Hay wrote:

> Geoffrey Young wrote:
>
> >Stas Bekman wrote:
> >

> >>Yesterday I've fixed the problems that were showstoppers for the _15
> >>release. Any objections for doing it in the next few days?
> >>
> >>If there are none, any volunteers to do this release?
> >>
> >>We could get an RC right now, let it cook over the weekend and if
> >>everything goes well release on Monday?
> >>

> >in general I don't think much testing gets done over the weekend, so if
> >you're serious about getting candidate results better to let it sit until
> >tuesday so that people can test on monday (as the EU people have gone to the
> >pub already today).
> >
> I would agree with that (being in the UK and knowing that I won't be
> doing this stuff over the weekend (starting about now!) ;)
>
> Just tried the latest CVS with 2.0.49 / 5.8.4 (I really must upgrade
> them sometime too!):
>
> Failed Test                   Stat Wstat Total Fail  Failed  List of Failed
> t\filter\out_bbs_filebucket.t               10   10 100.00%  1-10
> t\hooks\authen_digest.t                      7    1  14.29%  7
> 7 tests and 12 subtests skipped.
> Failed 2/210 test scripts, 99.05% okay. 11/3691 subtests failed, 99.70%
> okay.
>
> (I also got "Scalars leaked: 1" twice from t\perl\ithreads.t)
>
> More details separately.

Unfortunately, I'm away for the next week, and can't test
this out. It'd be great if you had the time, Steve; I
didn't make up a ppm package based on the current mp2
CPAN version due to some problems (that were subsequently
solved in the -dev ppm package), so it'd be nice if at
least most of the tests could pass on Win32, or at least
have understandable failures, so that a ppm package
could be made. Thanks.

--
best regards,
randy