perl-dev mailing list archives

From Markus Wichitill <ma...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: time for 1.99_15?
Date Sun, 15 Aug 2004 01:30:34 GMT
Stas Bekman wrote:
> Markus Wichitill wrote:
>> I know that the tests are skipped if mod_include isn't enabled in the
>> system httpd.conf, that's why I enabled it (as well as mod_auth* and
>> mod_proxy*), but I can't say for sure if it's the tests or the mere
>> presence of mod_include that's triggering the leaks. The code in
>> ithreads.pm certainly doesn't look like it should be influenced by
>> either (?).
>>
>> If I run ithreads.t on its own, it doesn't leak, the same is true for
>> every combination of one of the six tests and ithreads.t (perl t\TEST
>> t/modules/include.t t/perl/ithreads.t). Which isn't particularly
>> helpful...
>
> Same here. I can't figure out the sequence that leads to this problem as
> it always happens randomly. Though if you have a strong machine t/SMOKE
> should help. That's of course if the test fails (which is the case for
> me, but it is not consistent) It that the case for you?

It seemed completely consistent to me. "nmake test" with mod_include always
leaks, "nmake test" without mod_include and partial tests don't leak. Of
course the long runtime of full tests has limited the number of tests I
could run.

Any specific parameters I should pass to SMOKE? I've never used any smoke
test so far. Mind you, I can only run that stuff during nights, and only
while the stupid graphics card fan doesn't act up...