perl-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Hay <steve....@uk.radan.com>
Subject Re: time for 1.99_15?
Date Fri, 13 Aug 2004 17:16:06 GMT
Stas Bekman wrote:

>Steve Hay wrote:
>

>>ModPerl-Registry test all OK, but with these warnings twice over (once
>>from t\closure.t and once from t\perlrun_extload.t):
>>
>>Prototype mismatch: sub
>>ModPerl::ROOT::ModPerl::PerlRun::C_3a_Temp_modperl_2d2_2e0_ModPerl_2dRegistry_t_cgi_2dbin_closure_2epl::t_cmp:

>>none vs ($$;$) at C:/apache2/perl5/lib/Exporter.pm line 65.
>> at C:/Temp/modperl-2.0/ModPerl-Registry/t/cgi-bin/closure.pl line 5
>>Prototype mismatch: sub
>>ModPerl::ROOT::ModPerl::PerlRun::C_3a_Temp_modperl_2d2_2e0_ModPerl_2dRegistry_t_cgi_2dbin_closure_2epl::t_is_equal:

>>none vs ($$) at C:/apache2/perl5/lib/Exporter.pm line 65.
>> at C:/Temp/modperl-2.0/ModPerl-Registry/t/cgi-bin/closure.pl line 5
>>Prototype mismatch: sub
>>ModPerl::ROOT::ModPerl::PerlRun::C_3a_Temp_modperl_2d2_2e0_ModPerl_2dRegistry_t_cgi_2dbin_closure_2epl::t_filepath_cmp:

>>none vs ($$;$) at C:/apache2/perl5/lib/Exporter.pm line 65.
>> at C:/Temp/modperl-2.0/ModPerl-Registry/t/cgi-bin/closure.pl line 5
>>

>Yup, it's because of the reload of the CODE which was deleted. I'm not
>sure what can be done about these. Some time ago, I've spent a lot of
>time trying to get rid of those, working with p5p, but it didn't work
>out. The delete CODE refs (which we do in ModPerl::PerlRun) is as good
>as it gets.

I remember we looked at improving Apache::Reload a while ago to help it
clean up redefined subs better.  Is that the kind of thing you need?
Philippe posted a brilliant piece of code at the time to do that.

Even better would be to go back to the Apache::Reload questions and sort
that out too...

- Steve

Radan Computational Ltd.

and intended for the addressee(s) only.  If you have received this message in error or there
are any problems, please notify the sender immediately.  The unauthorized use, disclosure,
copying or alteration of this message is strictly forbidden.  Note that any views or opinions
of Radan Computational Ltd.  The recipient(s) of this message should check it and any attached
virus transmitted by this email.