perl-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: removing some autoconfig magic from A-T
Date Tue, 10 Aug 2004 14:00:59 GMT

Stas Bekman wrote:
> Some of the autoconfig magic starts to create more overhead than it used
> to safe. e.g. all this magic of t/hooks/TestHooks is no longer useful,
> as we add more tests and the test names aren't mapping 1:1 to the phase
> name.

> I think we should start stripping those special cases from A-T. Same
> goes for filters which magically figures out which filter handler to
> register.

I think I follow what you're talking about - like for
hooks/TestHooks/authz.pm the PerlAuthzHandler is automatically added to
httpd.conf even though it's not in the final config in __DATA__?

personally, I always found this (single) bit of automagic very, very
confusing.  so +1 to remove that bit and just require that __DATA__ be the
config that you want.

is there more that <NoAutoConfig> suppresses?

--Geoff