perl-dev mailing list archives

From "Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@ectoplasm.org>
Subject Re: [mp2] need $r->get_remote_logname test
Date Mon, 09 Aug 2004 19:07:05 GMT
Stas Bekman wrote:
> Is anybody familiar with RFC1413?

Sadly, yes, I am.

> We provide this API but there is no test. Any takers to write this test?

Writing a test like this one will prove to be near impossible. You need
to be root to run the identd deamon, and I am not sure it would be wise
to get the test-suite to try and start/listen on the identd port ? Too
bad you can't configure what port httpd's ident queries go thru.

Not sure there is anything we can do. I mean, we can call the function
to make sure it is there, but as to being able to validate/verify what
comes back from it, I don't quite think so.