perl-dev mailing list archives

From "Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@ectoplasm.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: modperl-2.0/todo release
Date Mon, 09 Aug 2004 18:29:56 GMT

Stas Bekman wrote:
> Philippe M. Chiasson wrote:
>

>>More like
>>
>>DIR
>>SRV
>>ALL
>>ALL -DIR (SRV & HTACCESS)
>>ALL -HTACCESS (SRV & DIR)
>>
>>So, I'd suggest this naming
>>
>>MP_CMD_DIR_...
>>MP_CMD_SRV_...
>>MP_CMD_ALL_...
>>
>>with 2 new macros :
>>  MP_CMD_NO_DIR
>>  MP_CMD_NO_HTACCESS
>>
>>To add to the top of a directive handler ?
>

> Yes, but using those you can't tell from the declaration the scope of
> the directive. Is it really incovenient to have top-level declaration
> macros that tell it all?

It would be ideal, but what I am trying to say is that's it's error prone.

If you want a directive to be SRV + HTACCESS, you'd have to put

MP_CMD_SRV_AND_HTACCESS("<Perl>",[...]); (an alias for OR_ALL)

_AND_

MP_CMD_NO_DIR;

To the top of the directive implementation, so seeing MP_CMD_SRV_AND_HTACCESS in
modperl_cmd.h woundlnt' guarantee that the directive is  doing that.

Do you see my point ?